No-one could anticipate last week’s snow!
Dear Ed, NO-ONE anticipated the snow we encountered on February 2 would cause the level of disruption that it did. Swan Housing, contrary to Mr Jobber’s letter, did have a stockpile of grit at various locations in London and Essex in anticipation of the predicted snow
NO-ONE anticipated the snow we encountered on February 2 would cause the level of disruption that it did.
Swan Housing, contrary to Mr Jobber's letter, did have a stockpile of grit at various locations in London and Essex in anticipation of the predicted snow (Advertiser Website Letters, February 4).
The snow affected public services, including transport, throughout London and elsewhere. But despite the weather, many Swan Housing staff did get to work and the resources we had available were deployed across the areas we manage-not just the Exmouth Estate in Stepney, but across East London and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The caretaker teams worked throughout the early part of last week to make sure that paths and walkways remained clear for residents. We are committed to ensuring excellent estate services at all times, which included the period during the appalling weather conditions last week.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Housing Director, London
Swan Housing Group
Cygnet House South, 10 Chrisp Street, Poplar
S Jobber's letter of February 4: Swan had no grit to clear snow on our estate