Comedian Norman Pace ‘haled’ a hit at pensioners’ Mile End Christmas shindig
- Credit: EE Homes
Top comedian Norman Pace was back this week entertaining pensioners with his Christmas knees-up which could become an annual East End festive beano.
The former school teacher, famous for his ‘Hale and Pace’ comedy duo act with Gareth Hale, returned for his second show in 12 months for pensioners at Mile End’s Southern Grove community centre.
The pensioners from estates in Mile End, the Isle of Dogs, Shadwell, and Spitalfields were invited for their annual Christmas festive lunch with a helping of Norman’s banter as he compèred their good old-fashioned sing-along.
He was asked to come back by East End Homes after his hit with the OAPs last Christmas.
The housing organisation’s Paul Wilson said: “Support from Norman Pace makes this event special and really sums up what this time of year is all about.”
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers from Canary Wharf helped make this year’s festive lunch a success with all the trimmings, keeping ‘pace’ with Norman—known in showbiz for his “We’re the management” mimic of the notorious Kray twins gangland duo.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 8 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague