Nothing fair about Congestion tolls driving us off the road
Dear Ed, AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge to other areas and even making it London-wide
AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor's Transport Strategy is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge toll to other areas and even drops a hint about it becoming London-wide.
The consultation leaflet has been anything but impartial, leading people to tick a box supporting 'fair' road pricing. There is nothing 'fair' about pricing drivers off the road, as we already pay five times over for carbon emissions.
Instead of more stealth taxes such as parking tolls, the Association of British Drivers urges the Mayor to make a priority of fixing our crumbling roads which threaten safety of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians alike.
You can tell the Mayor what you think by email here or writing to PO Box 65064, London SE1P 5GE, by Tuesday, January 12.
You may also want to watch:
Association of British Drivers
PO Box 13199, London SW6 6ZU
- 1 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 2 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory