Nothing fair about Congestion tolls driving us off the road
Dear Ed, AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge to other areas and even making it London-wide
AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor's Transport Strategy is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge toll to other areas and even drops a hint about it becoming London-wide.
The consultation leaflet has been anything but impartial, leading people to tick a box supporting 'fair' road pricing. There is nothing 'fair' about pricing drivers off the road, as we already pay five times over for carbon emissions.
Instead of more stealth taxes such as parking tolls, the Association of British Drivers urges the Mayor to make a priority of fixing our crumbling roads which threaten safety of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians alike.
You can tell the Mayor what you think by email here or writing to PO Box 65064, London SE1P 5GE, by Tuesday, January 12.
You may also want to watch:
Association of British Drivers
PO Box 13199, London SW6 6ZU
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant