Nothing fair about Congestion tolls driving us off the road
Dear Ed, AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge to other areas and even making it London-wide
AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor's Transport Strategy is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge toll to other areas and even drops a hint about it becoming London-wide.
The consultation leaflet has been anything but impartial, leading people to tick a box supporting 'fair' road pricing. There is nothing 'fair' about pricing drivers off the road, as we already pay five times over for carbon emissions.
Instead of more stealth taxes such as parking tolls, the Association of British Drivers urges the Mayor to make a priority of fixing our crumbling roads which threaten safety of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians alike.
You can tell the Mayor what you think by email here or writing to PO Box 65064, London SE1P 5GE, by Tuesday, January 12.
You may also want to watch:
Association of British Drivers
PO Box 13199, London SW6 6ZU
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic