Nothing fair about Congestion tolls driving us off the road
Dear Ed, AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge to other areas and even making it London-wide
AN IMPORTANT consultation affecting everyone in London has been under-publicised. One reason might be that the Mayor's Transport Strategy is considering extending the discredited Central London Congestion Charge toll to other areas and even drops a hint about it becoming London-wide.
The consultation leaflet has been anything but impartial, leading people to tick a box supporting 'fair' road pricing. There is nothing 'fair' about pricing drivers off the road, as we already pay five times over for carbon emissions.
Instead of more stealth taxes such as parking tolls, the Association of British Drivers urges the Mayor to make a priority of fixing our crumbling roads which threaten safety of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians alike.
You can tell the Mayor what you think by email here or writing to PO Box 65064, London SE1P 5GE, by Tuesday, January 12.
Association of British Drivers
PO Box 13199, London SW6 6ZU
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute