Now Tower Bridge takes bookings for weddings
EVERY girl’s dream is to have the most romantic spot in the world for her wedding—so couples planning to get hitched are being invited to plan their Big Day on Tower Bridge.
The late-Victorian structure by the Tower of London is marketing itself as the world’s most romantic venue to get spliced.
Tower Bridge holds its first ‘Weddings Open Evening’ on Friday (Oct-8) at 7pm until 9.30pm and again on Saturday for wannabe brides and grooms to look round.
The ‘most famous bridge in the world’ throws open its doors to welcome those interested in holding their ceremony or reception in the high walkway that connects the two iconic towers 140ft above the Thames.
There are four spaces inside the listed neo-Gothic bridge for ceremonies and receptions to look round while bridge promoters serve up food and drink and answer questions.
You may also want to watch:
The North Tower lounge, which has been updated with a state-of-the-art lighting system, is licensed for ceremonies by Tower Hamlets council. The Bridge Master’s dining room at the other end, on the south side, is licensed by neighbouring Southwark Council. The panoramic high level walkways are big enough for up to 250 wedding guests.
Couples wanting to ‘take the plunge’ on Tower Bridge, as it were, are being asked to register online at www.towerbridge.org.uk if they want to go along to the open evenings Friday or Saturday.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week