Nuclear weapon debate coming to Bethnal Green
- Credit: Rich Mix
The debate on nuclear weapons will come to Bethnal Green next week.
A panel of MPs and experts will encourage young adults to air their views at Rich Mix as part of Talking Trident, a national initiative giving youngsters a voice ahead of the government’s decision whether to renew its nuclear weapons system in 2016.
The free event has been organised by WMD Awareness and the British and American Security Information Council.
Research carried out by ComRes on behalf of WMD Awareness highlighted that young people in the UK are more likely than their older peers to oppose the like-for-like renewal of Trident, yet are not being engaged by the government on this issue.
The event will take place on Wednesday, July 9 at 6pm. To register your interest, visit http://talkingtrident.eventbrite.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel