Nuclear weapon debate coming to Bethnal Green
- Credit: Rich Mix
The debate on nuclear weapons will come to Bethnal Green next week.
A panel of MPs and experts will encourage young adults to air their views at Rich Mix as part of Talking Trident, a national initiative giving youngsters a voice ahead of the government’s decision whether to renew its nuclear weapons system in 2016.
The free event has been organised by WMD Awareness and the British and American Security Information Council.
Research carried out by ComRes on behalf of WMD Awareness highlighted that young people in the UK are more likely than their older peers to oppose the like-for-like renewal of Trident, yet are not being engaged by the government on this issue.
The event will take place on Wednesday, July 9 at 6pm. To register your interest, visit http://talkingtrident.eventbrite.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 5 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 'Save our planet' plea from children to Cop26 world leaders