Nun, 73, loses four-week fight for life after road accident
AN INQUEST opened in East London today into the death of an elderly nun following a road accident. The Walthamstow inquest into 73-year-old Sister Agnes Ronan has been adjourned, following her death in Romford last week
AN INQUEST opened in East London today into the death of an elderly nun following a road accident.
The inquest at Walthamstow into 73-year-old Sister Agnes Ronan has been adjourned to a date to be fixed.
Sister Agnes died in hospital last week, nearly a month after being badly injured in a traffic accident outside her Sacred Heart Convent in Upminster at 2.15 on February 19.
She was walking along St Mary’s Lane when she was involved in an accident with a Peugeot 307 and was taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford, where she remained until she died on March 7.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have been in St Mary’s Lane on February 19 to call the Met’s Chadwell Heath traffic investigation appeal line on 020-8597 4874.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin