Nursery manager shortlisted for award
A NURSERY manager in Shadwell reached the finals of awards for those caring for young people. Hana Kovler who is a nursery manager at Mary Sambrook Day Nursery at The Highway, in Shadwell was a finalist in the prestigious Nursery World Awards 2009 for th
A NURSERY manager in Shadwell reached the finals of awards for those caring for young people.
Hana Kovler who is a nursery manager at Mary Sambrook Day Nursery at The Highway, in Shadwell was a finalist in the prestigious Nursery World Awards 2009 for the nursery manager of the year category.
The 52-year-old said: "I am really proud to have been a finalist and it has really put our nursery on the map. Mary Sambrook Nursery serves a diverse community in the heart of Shadwell. We have been breaking down barriers for years providing a high level of care."
Hana is also a role model to Bangladeshi women in the East End. She is often asked to speak at meetings and conferences.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "I came to this country as an immigrant and have worked my way up. I hope to inspire other women to achieve their potential and aim high.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire