O’s let goalkeeper Woods join Ross County on loan
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Third choice stopper moves to Scotland until January as Ian Hendon backs Charlie Grainger
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Gary Woods has joined Scottish Premiership club Ross County on loan until January, subject to international clearance.
The 24-year-old has fallen down the pecking order at Brisbane Road following the permanent arrival of Alex Cisak and the form of youngster Charlie Grainger.
Grainger was given a chance to impress in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy last night (Tuesday) at Luton Town while Woods watched on from the bench.
But now the former Manchester United stopper will move to Scotland in an attempt to regain his form at County.
You may also want to watch:
With Cisak unavailable for this weekend’s clash with Exeter City, O’s boss Ian Hendon has given his backing to Grainger by allowing Woods to go out on loan.
It is expected that another young goalkeeper, Sam Sargeant, will be on the substitute’s bench on Saturday now.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
He took up a place amongst the replacements during three games last season, the defeat to Doncaster Rovers at home as well as away losses to MK Dons and Rochdale.