OAP may hold key to street attack on 25-year-old man
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End. The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End.
The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park.
An elderly man may have seen what happened, police believe, but left before officers arrived at the scene. They’re anxious to talk to him.
The 25-year-old victim struck over the head with an iron bar. He suffered head injuries and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was detained.
Two men aged 23 and 30, both from Bethnal Green, have since been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 6 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 7 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 8 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 9 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 10 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact Violent Crime Unit on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.