OAP may hold key to street attack on 25-year-old man
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End. The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End.
The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park.
An elderly man may have seen what happened, police believe, but left before officers arrived at the scene. They’re anxious to talk to him.
You may also want to watch:
The 25-year-old victim struck over the head with an iron bar. He suffered head injuries and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was detained.
Two men aged 23 and 30, both from Bethnal Green, have since been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 6 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact Violent Crime Unit on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.