OAP may hold key to street attack on 25-year-old man
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End. The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End.
The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park.
An elderly man may have seen what happened, police believe, but left before officers arrived at the scene. They’re anxious to talk to him.
The 25-year-old victim struck over the head with an iron bar. He suffered head injuries and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was detained.
Two men aged 23 and 30, both from Bethnal Green, have since been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 7 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact Violent Crime Unit on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.