OAP may hold key to street attack on 25-year-old man
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End. The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park
POLICE are trying to trace a pensioner who may have witnessed a savage street attack on a man in London’s East End.
The attack happened between 1pm and 2pm on July 17 in Sewardstone Road, Bethnal Green, close to Victoria Park.
An elderly man may have seen what happened, police believe, but left before officers arrived at the scene. They’re anxious to talk to him.
You may also want to watch:
The 25-year-old victim struck over the head with an iron bar. He suffered head injuries and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was detained.
Two men aged 23 and 30, both from Bethnal Green, have since been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact Violent Crime Unit on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.