Oh dear, gent stuck in lavatory—nobody knew he was there!
FIREFIGHTERS turned up when smoke was seen pouring out of a bingo club in East London during the night. But it turned out to be cosmetic’ smoke set off by an old age pensioner who went to the loo and got locked in the building when everyone went home
FIREFIGHTERS turned up when smoke was seen pouring out of a building in East London during the night.
But it turned out to be cosmetic’ smoke set off by an old age pensioner who went to the loo at his bingo club and got locked in the building when everyone went home.
A crew from Bow fire-station turned up at midnight at the building in Stratford High Street to find the man had set off the alarm himself by moving next to an intruder’ sensor that fills the place with cosmetic’ smoke to confuse burglars.
They managed to speak to him through the letterbox and realised there was no fire.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrived and contacted the bingo hall’s keyholder who eventually returned to unlock the building—and let the poor pensioner out.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job