Oh rats! There’s a Banksy graffiti down our alley
ANOTHER Banksy street artwork may have been discovered in London’s East End. Insurance investigator Laurence Lewis and nephew Jamie Collins spotted the rat’ design often linked to the famed graffiti artist while going home on the bus
By Shanelle Hamiltom
ANOTHER Banksy street artwork may have been discovered in London’s East End.
Insurance investigator Laurence Lewis and nephew Jamie Collins spotted the rat’ design often linked to the famed street artist while travelling home on the number 25 bendy bus in Whitechapel.
The bus stopped briefly in front of an alley next to Starbucks cafe when they spotted it.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve seen seven or eight Banksy works in the area,” the 53-year-old bachelor told the East London Advertiser. “So we recognised it straight away.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Laurence arrived home nearby and grabbed his camera and returned to double check.
And there it was—a rat holding a gun, which had been stencilled onto the wall at the end of the alley off the Whitechapel Road.
Nephew Jamie said: “Banksy paints a lot of rats—that’s his trademark.
“I find them fascinating because he’s done exhibitions all over the world. Now he does Whitechapel too.”
The East End’s most-famous Banksy’ known to be authentic is the one on the wall of Bethnal Green working men’s club in Pollard Row.