Guiness World Record attempt at largest onion bhaji due to take place in Shadwell
- Credit: Archant
An attempt to break the Guinness World Record for largest onion bhaji is set to raise money for charity and help feed the homeless.
Chef Oli Khan has paired up with fast food firm Just Eat in a bid to break the current record of 102kg at the London Muslim Centre, in Whitechapel Road, Shadwell from 2pm on February 4.
Mr Khan, senior vice president of the Bangladesh Caterers Association, is hoping to break the record by as much as 100kg, with an onion bhaji weighing in at a whopping 200kg.
The bhaji will then be used to feed homeless people and record attempt participants on the day.
The money raised will go towards the East London Mosque Trust, a charity supporting good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Find more information on Oli Khan at @Oli.Khan on Instgram and @KhanOli on Twitter.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe