Olympians hit Canary Wharf to reveal secrets of success in the boardroom
Olympic athletes Steve Backley and Roger Black visited Canary Wharf today to share the secrets of their success as they held motivational sessions with office workers.
The pair, both former silver medallists at Olympic Games, talked through the principles of sporting success and how they can be translated into the business world during workers’ busy lunch-hours.
The event at Jubilee Plaza was hosted by the Institute of Leadership and Management who had their own coaches on hand as well to hold one-to-one sessions.
Steve, a former javelin world-record holder, said: “My first ever coach was my dad.
“He didn’t know a great deal about the javelin but he knew a lot more about me.
“A coach can help and guide you but it is up to you to do work.”
Roger, a 400 metre silver medallist at the 1996 Games, said: “The aim was to highlight the value coaching can bring to people’s careers.”
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget