Olympians hit Canary Wharf to reveal secrets of success in the boardroom
Olympic athletes Steve Backley and Roger Black visited Canary Wharf today to share the secrets of their success as they held motivational sessions with office workers.
The pair, both former silver medallists at Olympic Games, talked through the principles of sporting success and how they can be translated into the business world during workers’ busy lunch-hours.
The event at Jubilee Plaza was hosted by the Institute of Leadership and Management who had their own coaches on hand as well to hold one-to-one sessions.
Steve, a former javelin world-record holder, said: “My first ever coach was my dad.
“He didn’t know a great deal about the javelin but he knew a lot more about me.
You may also want to watch:
“A coach can help and guide you but it is up to you to do work.”
Roger, a 400 metre silver medallist at the 1996 Games, said: “The aim was to highlight the value coaching can bring to people’s careers.”
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 5 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 6 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates