Olympians hit Canary Wharf to reveal secrets of success in the boardroom
Olympic athletes Steve Backley and Roger Black visited Canary Wharf today to share the secrets of their success as they held motivational sessions with office workers.
The pair, both former silver medallists at Olympic Games, talked through the principles of sporting success and how they can be translated into the business world during workers’ busy lunch-hours.
The event at Jubilee Plaza was hosted by the Institute of Leadership and Management who had their own coaches on hand as well to hold one-to-one sessions.
Steve, a former javelin world-record holder, said: “My first ever coach was my dad.
“He didn’t know a great deal about the javelin but he knew a lot more about me.
You may also want to watch:
“A coach can help and guide you but it is up to you to do work.”
Roger, a 400 metre silver medallist at the 1996 Games, said: “The aim was to highlight the value coaching can bring to people’s careers.”
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19