Olympians hit Canary Wharf to reveal secrets of success in the boardroom
Olympic athletes Steve Backley and Roger Black visited Canary Wharf today to share the secrets of their success as they held motivational sessions with office workers.
The pair, both former silver medallists at Olympic Games, talked through the principles of sporting success and how they can be translated into the business world during workers’ busy lunch-hours.
The event at Jubilee Plaza was hosted by the Institute of Leadership and Management who had their own coaches on hand as well to hold one-to-one sessions.
Steve, a former javelin world-record holder, said: “My first ever coach was my dad.
“He didn’t know a great deal about the javelin but he knew a lot more about me.
You may also want to watch:
“A coach can help and guide you but it is up to you to do work.”
Roger, a 400 metre silver medallist at the 1996 Games, said: “The aim was to highlight the value coaching can bring to people’s careers.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson