Olympic champ Cassie dives into swimming fitness promo at London Fields Lido
- Credit: Speedo
Olympic bronze medallist Cassie Patten got into the swim of things along with TV presenter Kirsty Gallacher with at a dive-in fitness promotion in east London—despite the rain.
They led a team of expert swimming coaches in sessions at London Fields Lido on Sunday, promoting public fitness throughout the day.
“I’ve had the best day at London Fields despite a bit of rain,” Cassie beamed. “Everyone’s made incredible progress in their swimming technique.”
The Dive In promotion has been started in response to research by Speedo swimwear that shows only a third of Londoners could manage more than four lengths, even though most adults recognise swimming as “the best body workout”.
It offers 10,000 adults free 60-minute ‘swim fit’ sessions at 50 pools up and down the country until October, showing how to use training aids such as pull buoys, flippers and power paddles to perfect an efficient front crawl.
You may also want to watch:
The 60-minute sessions have been worked out with the help of athletes including ex-professional swimmers James Goddard, Ian Hulme and Harry Needs.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family