Olympic legacy to be debated at design show
THE OLYMPIC legacy will be debated at the Grand Designs Live Show at the Excel Centre in May. Panellists will discuss the government s legacy plans to transform East London, boost sport in the UK and get young people involved in volunteering, sport a
THE OLYMPIC legacy will be debated at the Grand Designs Live Show at the Excel Centre in May.
Panellists will discuss the government's legacy plans to transform East London, boost sport in the UK and get young people involved in volunteering, sport and culture.
They will talk about whether it will provide enough facilities for elite sports or whether the priority should be wider urban regeneration.
Speakers include Clive Dutton, who is in charge of regeneration, planning and property at London Borough of Newham, Peter Bishop, the deputy chief executive of the London Development Agency and group director of Design, Development and Environment, and Andrew Gaskell, head of real estate at the Olympic Park Legacy Company.
You may also want to watch:
The debate starts at 1pm on Wednesday May 5 and further details and tickets booking for the Grand Designs Live show are at www.granddesignslive.com
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United