Olympic legacy to be debated at design show
THE OLYMPIC legacy will be debated at the Grand Designs Live Show at the Excel Centre in May. Panellists will discuss the government s legacy plans to transform East London, boost sport in the UK and get young people involved in volunteering, sport a
THE OLYMPIC legacy will be debated at the Grand Designs Live Show at the Excel Centre in May.
Panellists will discuss the government's legacy plans to transform East London, boost sport in the UK and get young people involved in volunteering, sport and culture.
They will talk about whether it will provide enough facilities for elite sports or whether the priority should be wider urban regeneration.
Speakers include Clive Dutton, who is in charge of regeneration, planning and property at London Borough of Newham, Peter Bishop, the deputy chief executive of the London Development Agency and group director of Design, Development and Environment, and Andrew Gaskell, head of real estate at the Olympic Park Legacy Company.
The debate starts at 1pm on Wednesday May 5 and further details and tickets booking for the Grand Designs Live show are at www.granddesignslive.com
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 6 Commercial Road flat damaged in Whitechapel blaze
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 O's manager Jackett will evaluate team ahead of Northampton Town trip