Olympic legacy to be debated at design show
THE OLYMPIC legacy will be debated at the Grand Designs Live Show at the Excel Centre in May. Panellists will discuss the government s legacy plans to transform East London, boost sport in the UK and get young people involved in volunteering, sport a
THE OLYMPIC legacy will be debated at the Grand Designs Live Show at the Excel Centre in May.
Panellists will discuss the government's legacy plans to transform East London, boost sport in the UK and get young people involved in volunteering, sport and culture.
They will talk about whether it will provide enough facilities for elite sports or whether the priority should be wider urban regeneration.
Speakers include Clive Dutton, who is in charge of regeneration, planning and property at London Borough of Newham, Peter Bishop, the deputy chief executive of the London Development Agency and group director of Design, Development and Environment, and Andrew Gaskell, head of real estate at the Olympic Park Legacy Company.
You may also want to watch:
The debate starts at 1pm on Wednesday May 5 and further details and tickets booking for the Grand Designs Live show are at www.granddesignslive.com
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone