Olympic Park gets new Anglican minister for Stratford Christians
- Credit: Archant
An Anglican reverend who was picked to become a minister for the Olympic Park was officially welcomed to her new role at a service lead by the Bishop of Chelmsford.
Rev Annie McTighe moved to Stratford recently after her appointment as Pioneer Minister for the park’s residents by the Church of England.
Around 130 people attended the July 10 service, which was taken by Stephen Cottrell, Bishop of Chelmsford, and included the Archdeacons of West Ham and Hackney in its congregation.
Annie was also welcomed to her role by the Area Dean of Newham and representatives from Triathalon, Transforming Newham, local Stratford Church leaders and local residents.
Before her new role, Annie was a minister at All Saints St Andrews in Woodford Wells, serving around 700 members.
You may also want to watch:
Along with her new role, ministering to residents around the Olympic Park, Annie will continue to work with Rev Jeremy Fraser and Esther Jannetta at St Paul’s Church in Stratford.
This church is just outside the park and regularly available for inquiries about services, including weddings, funerals or baptisms, opening a food bank, or for people looking to find a friendly face.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
St Paul’s also has growing Bulgarian and Portuguese congregations who worship in the building.
For more information call 0208 534 1164 or email Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here: