Olympics tickets to go on sale in March
TICKETS for the London 2012 Olympic Games will go on sale on Tuesday, March 15, it has been announced.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games also conformed that Paralympic Games will go on sale on Friday, September 9.
The process for Olympic Games tickets will open for six weeks, enabling people to consider their options before making their final choices and submitting their application. Applications will close on April 26 and all oversubscribed sessions will be allocated via a ballot process.
Applications can be made at any point during the six week application period – it is not a first come, first served process.
LOCOG will announce full details of the purchasing process and the finalised schedule for all 650 sport sessions next month.
You may also want to watch:
The two million people who have already signed up to the London 2012 ticketing database will receive all the information about how to apply and those who have registered will be able to use their existing log-in details to access the application process.
Further details of the application process for Paralympic tickets will be announced later this year, with prices announced in May.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival