Olympics tickets to go on sale in March
TICKETS for the London 2012 Olympic Games will go on sale on Tuesday, March 15, it has been announced.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games also conformed that Paralympic Games will go on sale on Friday, September 9.
The process for Olympic Games tickets will open for six weeks, enabling people to consider their options before making their final choices and submitting their application. Applications will close on April 26 and all oversubscribed sessions will be allocated via a ballot process.
Applications can be made at any point during the six week application period – it is not a first come, first served process.
LOCOG will announce full details of the purchasing process and the finalised schedule for all 650 sport sessions next month.
You may also want to watch:
The two million people who have already signed up to the London 2012 ticketing database will receive all the information about how to apply and those who have registered will be able to use their existing log-in details to access the application process.
Further details of the application process for Paralympic tickets will be announced later this year, with prices announced in May.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague