Olympics volunteers’ get their graduation certificates
VOLUNTEERS who want to be part of Britain’s 2012 Olympics set up have been presented with graduation certificates by 2012 Olympic 400-metre hurdler hopeful Perri Shakes-Drayton. The 33 volunteers have just completed a training scheme to reach their dream of being involved in the Games
By Biz Carson
VOLUNTEERS who want to be part of Britain's 2012 Olympics set up have been presented with graduation certificates by 2012 Olympic 400-metre hurdler hopeful Perri Shakes-Drayton.
The 33 volunteers have just completed a Tower Hamlets training scheme and are closer to reaching their dream of being involved in the Games.
Two of the 33 who graduated, Jahker Miah and Sultana Begum, also won an 'inspiration' award for their work in several East End charities.
You may also want to watch:
The programme is for those without jobs who are not in education, but want to volunteer in the community.
Those who graduated from the programme are guaranteed an interview if they apply for a 2012 Games 'time volunteer' position. The aim is to improve their chances of getting a job later.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'