Omer Riza still hoping to meet Leyton Orient chairman Francesco Becchetti
- Credit: CameraSport - Alex Dodd
The Italian hasn’t attended an O’s match in 2017 and predictably wasn’t at Blackpool and neither was chief operations manager Vito Miceli
Omer Riza is hoping to still meet with Leyton Orient chairman Francesco Becchetti, but knows it may never materialise.
Strong rumours over the last week have suggested the Italian is close to selling the Brisbane Road club.
Riza couldn’t confirm or deny them claims, although revealed he has not had the chance to meet Becchetti yet.
He said: “I am not sure if he has had other issues with other hearings, so I don’t want to talk when I don’t know the full facts, but obviously I need to meet him, although I don’t know if I will.
You may also want to watch:
“I might not with the rumours going around at the moment. I don’t know anything about that, but I have read stuff on social media and Sky, so I am still in the same position as everyone else.
“I don’t know where we are going next with it, but I will wait and just try and act in a professional manner as I have from the start.”
- 1 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
There does seem foundation to the rumours of a takeover, but when it is completed remains to be seen.
For the time being, Riza is going to try and relax after a crazy recent period at the east London club.
The 37-year-old was appointed manager on March 30, but had been involved in the first-team since the start of February under predecessor Danny Webb.
After a difficult few months, the O’s current manager is looking forward to some downtime this week.
“I need a couple of days, maybe two or three, just to be at home and spend some time with the kids because I haven’t been able to do that over the last two months,” said Riza.
“Listen I am fine with that because I know it is part and parcel of the managers’ job, but there have been a lot of things that I have had to deal with that nobody could comprehend.
“I have tried to deal with it the best way I can and I probably haven’t made everyone happy. Some of my senior players might not be happy with certain aspects of the whole situation, but I had to do what was right by the youngsters.
“I had to do what was right for the senior players at times and by club because the most important thing is the club and I think I have done that.”