Omozusi leaves Orient
- Credit: Archant
Defender ends second spell with the club to sign for Cambridge United.
Elliot Omozusi has agreed to join Cambridge United when his current contract with Leyton Orient expires at the end of this month.
He becomes the latest O’s player to secure a move elsewhere after not being offered a new contract at the end of the season when the managerial situation was still in limbo.
The Brisbane Road outfit told 12 players following the conclusion of the 2014/15 campaign that they wouldn’t be offered new deals, and Kevin Lisbie, Scott Cuthbert, Chris Dagnall and now Omozusi have all departed.
The 26-year-old defender represented O’s on 149 occasions in two separate spells and also achieved success off the field as he was twice nominated for PFA Player in the Community.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately he missed out on both occasions, a statement on Orient’s official website read: “The club would like to thank Elliot for his efforts during his time in E10, and wish him all the very best for the future.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards