Only three per cent of Olympic workforce live in Tower Hamlets
THIRTY months from the London Games there are still only three per cent of East Enders working on the Olympic Park. The figure released today remains the same as at the last count. But ove
THIRTY months from the London Games there are still only three per cent of East Enders working on the Olympic Park.
The figure released today remains the same as at the last count. But over 9,000 people now work on the Olympic site. Nearly 6,300 work at the park itself while nearly 2,900 work at the adjacent Olympic village.
Only 186 of those working on the park live in Tower Hamlets, the second lowest figure for the five host boroughs. Hackney comes out worst with a two per cent workforce or 124 people working on the site.
Waltham Forest and Greenwich are each on four per cent. Newham comes out top with seven per cent or 436 people working at the park.
You may also want to watch:
In total 20 per cent of the current workforce come from one of the five host boroughs, according to Olympic Delivery Authority figures.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided