Only three per cent of Olympic workforce live in Tower Hamlets
THIRTY months from the London Games there are still only three per cent of East Enders working on the Olympic Park. The figure released today remains the same as at the last count. But ove
THIRTY months from the London Games there are still only three per cent of East Enders working on the Olympic Park.
The figure released today remains the same as at the last count. But over 9,000 people now work on the Olympic site. Nearly 6,300 work at the park itself while nearly 2,900 work at the adjacent Olympic village.
Only 186 of those working on the park live in Tower Hamlets, the second lowest figure for the five host boroughs. Hackney comes out worst with a two per cent workforce or 124 people working on the site.
Waltham Forest and Greenwich are each on four per cent. Newham comes out top with seven per cent or 436 people working at the park.
You may also want to watch:
In total 20 per cent of the current workforce come from one of the five host boroughs, according to Olympic Delivery Authority figures.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man