Only three per cent of Olympic workforce live in Tower Hamlets
THIRTY months from the London Games there are still only three per cent of East Enders working on the Olympic Park. The figure released today remains the same as at the last count. But ove
THIRTY months from the London Games there are still only three per cent of East Enders working on the Olympic Park.
The figure released today remains the same as at the last count. But over 9,000 people now work on the Olympic site. Nearly 6,300 work at the park itself while nearly 2,900 work at the adjacent Olympic village.
Only 186 of those working on the park live in Tower Hamlets, the second lowest figure for the five host boroughs. Hackney comes out worst with a two per cent workforce or 124 people working on the site.
Waltham Forest and Greenwich are each on four per cent. Newham comes out top with seven per cent or 436 people working at the park.
You may also want to watch:
In total 20 per cent of the current workforce come from one of the five host boroughs, according to Olympic Delivery Authority figures.
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 EFL fixture release: Leyton Orient begin new season away to Salford City