Open day at Sundial House centre for over 55s
THERE S a chance to look round a day centre which offers art and language classes, health care and a restaurant for the over 55s. Sundial House in Shipton Street, off Hackney Road in Bethnal Green, is throwing open its doors from 11am to 3pm tomorrow (W
THERE'S a chance to look round a day centre which offers art and language classes, health care and a restaurant for the over 55s.
Sundial House in Shipton Street, off Hackney Road in Bethnal Green, is throwing open its doors from 11am to 3pm tomorrow (Wednesday September 16.)
The events aims to encourage more older people in the local community to make use of the range of services offered by the centre. There'll be all sorts of fun activities and stalls, as well as free refreshments.
It is run by the Peabody Trust and offers assisted bathing, a hairdressers, a small shop, and three treatment rooms, which are used for regular visits from the community dentist, hearing aid service, chiropodist, and alternative therapists.
You may also want to watch:
Other facilities include an accredited exercise class, a quiet room, an activities room, a meeting room, and a restaurant and drop-in coffee bar, which are open daily to people aged over 55 and their carers.
There is also a regular luncheon club and Life Long Learning and the Workers Education Association, run various activities at the centre including a local history group, and arts and sewing projects.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Age Concern holds weekly advice sessions in Bengali and Hindi as well as in English. Varied social events are held at the centre ranging from visiting theatre shows to celebrations of religious festivals like Eid.