Open day at Sundial House centre for over 55s
THERE S a chance to look round a day centre which offers art and language classes, health care and a restaurant for the over 55s. Sundial House in Shipton Street, off Hackney Road in Bethnal Green, is throwing open its doors from 11am to 3pm tomorrow (W
THERE'S a chance to look round a day centre which offers art and language classes, health care and a restaurant for the over 55s.
Sundial House in Shipton Street, off Hackney Road in Bethnal Green, is throwing open its doors from 11am to 3pm tomorrow (Wednesday September 16.)
The events aims to encourage more older people in the local community to make use of the range of services offered by the centre. There'll be all sorts of fun activities and stalls, as well as free refreshments.
It is run by the Peabody Trust and offers assisted bathing, a hairdressers, a small shop, and three treatment rooms, which are used for regular visits from the community dentist, hearing aid service, chiropodist, and alternative therapists.
You may also want to watch:
Other facilities include an accredited exercise class, a quiet room, an activities room, a meeting room, and a restaurant and drop-in coffee bar, which are open daily to people aged over 55 and their carers.
There is also a regular luncheon club and Life Long Learning and the Workers Education Association, run various activities at the centre including a local history group, and arts and sewing projects.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Age Concern holds weekly advice sessions in Bengali and Hindi as well as in English. Varied social events are held at the centre ranging from visiting theatre shows to celebrations of religious festivals like Eid.