Open day at Sundial House centre for over 55s
THERE S a chance to look round a day centre which offers art and language classes, health care and a restaurant for the over 55s. Sundial House in Shipton Street, off Hackney Road in Bethnal Green, is throwing open its doors from 11am to 3pm tomorrow (W
THERE'S a chance to look round a day centre which offers art and language classes, health care and a restaurant for the over 55s.
Sundial House in Shipton Street, off Hackney Road in Bethnal Green, is throwing open its doors from 11am to 3pm tomorrow (Wednesday September 16.)
The events aims to encourage more older people in the local community to make use of the range of services offered by the centre. There'll be all sorts of fun activities and stalls, as well as free refreshments.
It is run by the Peabody Trust and offers assisted bathing, a hairdressers, a small shop, and three treatment rooms, which are used for regular visits from the community dentist, hearing aid service, chiropodist, and alternative therapists.
You may also want to watch:
Other facilities include an accredited exercise class, a quiet room, an activities room, a meeting room, and a restaurant and drop-in coffee bar, which are open daily to people aged over 55 and their carers.
There is also a regular luncheon club and Life Long Learning and the Workers Education Association, run various activities at the centre including a local history group, and arts and sewing projects.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
Age Concern holds weekly advice sessions in Bengali and Hindi as well as in English. Varied social events are held at the centre ranging from visiting theatre shows to celebrations of religious festivals like Eid.