Open day in Poplar aims to bring people together
THERE S a chance to try a range of activities including indoor bowling, arts and crafts and dancing when a centre for older people holds an open day. The Sundial Centre in Poplar High Street has invited the over 50s and their families to pop in from 10.
THERE'S a chance to try a range of activities including indoor bowling, arts and crafts and dancing when a centre for older people holds an open day.
The Sundial Centre in Poplar High Street has invited the over 50s and their families to pop in from 10.30am to 2.30pm on Thursday October 1 to see what it has to offer.
The centre's home is in St Matthias Community Centre and other attractions on the day include music, complimentary holistic massage and stalls offering advice on everything from tai chi to social services.
People can also plant up a pot with seeds including tomatoes and garlic to start a garden at home.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Rachael Childs said: "The day will be will be a celebration of the achievements and aspirations of older people and their contribution to our society.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family