8 top east London rooftop bars
- Credit: Archant
From swanky cocktail bars to Shoreditch hipster hangouts, here are eight east London rooftop bars with a view.
Known for its panoramic and uninterrupted views across London’s skyline, this venue offers food and drink in a stunning setting. New features include a revamped tropical beer terrace and revamped menu.
Roof East, Stratford
Situated on top of the Stratford Centre, it features 30,000 sq ft of space overlooking the Olympic Park. Enjoy street food and a refreshing drink while playing games such as Sluggers - London’s first batting cages - Sliders curling and a round of crazy golf with Birdies. Advanced booking is required.
You may also want to watch:
Jin Bo Law
A chic, 14th floor cocktail bar that offers first-class views of iconic London landmarks such as tower Bridge, the Shard, the Walkie Talkie and the Gherkin. Has a huge whiskey list.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
A stylish 12th floor cocktail bar on top of the Double Tree by Hilton, which has two terraces that boasts spectacular views of the London skyline. Offers food and djs play Wednesday through to Saturdays.
A Spanish lunch, bunch, dinner and drinks spot with “beach bar vibes” close to Bethnal Green tube station. Offers tapas, as well as larger plates and a Sunday bottomless brunch.
Queen of Hoxton
A multi-purpose space that includes a rooftop, which is home to the venue’s film club and various pop-ups and themed events throughout the year. In pre-coronavirus days, the basement bar played host to gigs, cabaret and comedy shows, while the drag bingo and weekly parties carried on into the night on the ground floor.
An up-market bird-themed rooftop bar and restaurant with an impressive view, luxurious style and bird-named cocktails. The kitchen is open for lunch and dinner.
The unencumbered view of the city is spectacular and worth legging it up nine flights of stairs. The later in the evening you go, the higher the risk of waiting in a que that can spiral down several flights of stairs. Pimms and Aperol Spritz on tap. Astroturf on rooftop. Positive vibes.