Orient add to squad before Port Vale test
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Reading midfielder joins until end of the season
Leyton Orient have agreed the loan signing of Reading midfielder Jake Taylor until the end of the season.
The 23-year-old is capable of playing either on the wing or in a central role, and joins having played 26 games for the Royals in the Championship this season.
He has scored on three occasions, but hasn’t played since being substituted during their 4-1 defeat to Watford on March 14.
The Welsh midfielder has been with Reading since the age of eight and has progressed through the ranks at the Madejski Stadium, while also representing his country at under-17, under-19, under-21 and senior level.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor made his senior Wales debut last year as an 84th minute substitute in their 2-1 European Qualifying win over Cyprus on October 13.
He will wear the number 35 during his spell with the O’s, and is available to come straight into the side for Saturday’s match with Port Vale.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
The signing is a welcome boost for boss Fabio Liverani, who is without both Ryan Hedges and Jobi McAnuff for this weekend’s clash at Brisbane Road.