Orient and Hendon to face Luton in JPT
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
League Two rivals will meet in the first round of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
Leyton Orient will be away to Luton Town in the first round of the southern section in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy after the draw for the competition was made this morning.
Ian Hendon’s team will face their league rivals, the Hatters, at Kenilworth Road in a clash that will pit two teams vying for promotion against each other.
The O’s enjoyed success in the competition last season and reached the southern section semi-final before suffering a 1-0 defeat to Gillingham – a match that would turn out to be Mauro Milanese’s last in charge of the club.
But Orient beat Peterborough United, Dagenham & Redbridge as well as Northampton Town last year so have good memories of the JPT.
You may also want to watch:
This season the focus will be on a successful league campaign, however, therefore it is unknown how serious Hendon will take the competition.
Nevertheless, O’s supporters will be looking forward to facing Luton with the tie taking place during the week commencing August 31
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park