Orient announce first signings of the summer!
- Credit: TGSPHOTO
Ian Hendon brings midfielder Sammy Moore and defender Sean Clohessy to the club
Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon has wasted no time in adding to his squad at Brisbane Road by bringing in midfielder Sammy Moore and defender Sean Clohessy, subject to Football League approval.
The club confirmed the addition of the pair this morning with Moore signing a two-year contract and Clohessy penning a two-year deal as well.
Both have a large amount of experience in League Two and will boost a depleted squad with the futures of 10 out of contract players still unknown.
Moore, 27, has spent the last five-years with AFC Wimbledon and scored 19 goals in 186 appearances for the club before deciding to leave this summer.
You may also want to watch:
He started out at Ipswich Town before spells with Stevenage and Dover Athletic and Orient will now be the fifth permanent club of his career.
Clohessy, meanwhile, had his contract with League One outfit Colchester United terminated in May despite having a year left to run.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
The 28-year-old made a name for himself with O’s rivals Southend United and established himself as one of the best right-backs in League Two during a three-year stay with the Seaside outfit.
He has had mixed spells with Scottish club Kilmarnock and Colchester since but will look to make the right-back slot his own at Brisbane Road.
10 futures at the club remain unresolved, however, with defenders Elliot Omozusi, Gary Sawyer and Andrea Dossena out of contract this summer alongside midfielders Josh Wright, Harry Lee and Marvin Bartley and forwards Chris Dagnall, David Mooney, Shaun Batt and Gianvito Plasmati.