Orient announce first two pre-season games
- Credit: TGSPHOTO
Brisbane Road outfit will travel to Braintree and Woking
Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon has already arranged two friendly matches since he was appointed last week with the club announcing fixtures against two National League teams.
O’s will visit Braintree Town first, who finished 14th in the Conference Premier last season, on July 10 for Hendon’s first game in charge – a 7.45pm kick-off.
They will also travel to play Garry Hill’s Woking team after they finished seventh last year – that takes place on July 28 and will be a 7.45 kick-off.
More fixtures are expected to be announced in due course but supporters will be pleased to know when they can see their team in action for the first time under new boss Hendon.
You may also want to watch:
Orient didn’t play their first pre-season match until July 18 last year under previous manager Russell Slade so the former West Ham United first team coach will have them playing eight days earlier this time around.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week