Orient boss brings in Liverpool youngster
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Brisbane Road squad boosted by addition of Joe Maguire, who trained with Reds first team this week
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of Liverpool defender Joe Maguire on an initial one-month youth loan.
The news that the 19-year-old has joined the O’s comes after Shane Lowry departed the club earlier this afternoon.
Maguire is a like-for-like replacement for Lowry as he plays predominantly at left-back, although he is comfortable playing across the back four.
He has been involved with the Liverpool Academy since he was nine and has been a regular member of the Reds under-21 squad.
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers called up the youngster for the Premier League clubs pre-season tour of Bangkok, Brisbane, Adelaide and Malaysia and he was used by the Anfield manager in matches during the summer.
The official Liverpool website describes the defender as a “left back with a sweet left foot, Maguire can deliver quality passes into dangerous areas for his team mates to attack.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
“Maguire’s high fitness and stamina levels allow him to motor up and down the wing into positions where he can cause problems for the opposition.”
He will go straight into the Orient squad for tomorrow’s League Two clash with Bristol Rovers and provide another defensive option for Hendon.