Orient bring Cisak back
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Ian Hendon reveals his delight after taking 26-year-old back to Brisbane Road
Leyton Orient have completed a whirlwind couple of hours by confirming goalkeeper Alex Cisak will return to the club after signing a two-year contract.
The Australian shined for the O’s last season during a three-month loan spell with the Brisbane Road outfit.
He made 19 appearances for the club under then boss Fabio Liverani, but couldn’t prevent relegation from League One.
Despite that, his performances between the sticks stood out for Orient fans and news of his return is a huge boost to their hopes of earning promotion this year.
You may also want to watch:
Cisak signs for an undisclosed fee from Burnley and will almost certainly start the season as number one for Ian Hendon.
The Brisbane Road head coach revealed his delight at being able to bring the talented goalkeeper back to E10.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs
“He was a fans’ favourite last season from this time at the club and let’s hope it stays that way,” Hendon told leytonorient.com
“Alex is very talented and I think Orient fans have seen that first hand. I have seen him play and know of him.
“I haven’t worked with him, but I know Sean Dyche at Burnley quite well and he speaks very highly of him. We know what Alex is about and Kevin Nugent worked with him last year and said if it is a possibility to get him in it is a no-brainer so we have done a deal.
“I am looking forward to having him and the other three new players on board and getting ready for the season.”
Cisak’s addition is the fourth signing of the day for Orient and their ninth this summer as Hendon’s squad starts to shape up nicely for the new campaign.