Orient bring in loanee O’Neill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Burnley defender to join Brisbane Road ranks
Leyton Orient have agreed the loan signing of Burnley defender Luke O’Neill for the rest of the season.
The 23-year-old, predominantly a right-back, joins the League One strugglers until the end of the season from the Premier League side, lining up with fellow Clarets team-mate Alex Cisak at Brisbane Road.
O’Neill has had a spell on loan with League One side Scunthorpe United, featuring on 15 occasions for the Glanford Park outfit, including in Orient’s 2-1 win on September 20.
The defender has made two appearances for Burnley and had loan spells with York City and Southend United last season.
You may also want to watch:
O’Neill can come straight into Fabio Liverani’s side for Saturday’s trip to Walsall and will wear the number 26 shirt during his time at the club.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo