Orient bring in loanee O’Neill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Burnley defender to join Brisbane Road ranks
Leyton Orient have agreed the loan signing of Burnley defender Luke O’Neill for the rest of the season.
The 23-year-old, predominantly a right-back, joins the League One strugglers until the end of the season from the Premier League side, lining up with fellow Clarets team-mate Alex Cisak at Brisbane Road.
O’Neill has had a spell on loan with League One side Scunthorpe United, featuring on 15 occasions for the Glanford Park outfit, including in Orient’s 2-1 win on September 20.
The defender has made two appearances for Burnley and had loan spells with York City and Southend United last season.
You may also want to watch:
O’Neill can come straight into Fabio Liverani’s side for Saturday’s trip to Walsall and will wear the number 26 shirt during his time at the club.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs