Orient could face Chelsea in the third round of the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Ian Hendon’s side will travel to the Premier League champions if they can beat Scunthorpe United next week
Leyton Orient will be away to Premier League champions Chelsea in the third round of the FA Cup if they can beat Scunthorpe United in their second round replay next week.
Ian Hendon’s men were drawn to face the Blues at Stamford Bridge live on BBC2 this evening with the tie to be played on the weekend of 8-11 January 2016.
The O’s must get past the Iron next week first of all at Glanford Park, but have been given an amazing incentive if they can get through that tricky tie.
Orient haven’t played Chelsea since 1982 when they were both in Division Two, but they have played each other before several times in the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The last time was back in 1978 and after drawing 0-0 at Brisbane Road, the east Londoners knocked out the Blues in a replay at Stamford Bridge.
Hendon will be reminding his players of that if they can beat Scunthorpe and they now have a massive incentive to reach the third round of the competition.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims