Leyton Orient winger Dennis praises Spurs youngster Marsh
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient winger Louis Dennis praised loanee midfielder George Marsh for his impact in their 2-2 draw with Exeter City at the weekend as well as in their 2-1 defeat to Crewe Alexandra.
The 20-year-old Tottenham Hotspur youngster, who joined the O's on loan last month until January, was handed his first league start in Devon and impressed.
The youngster did feature in Orient's 2-0 win over League One side Southend United in the EFL Trophy but has been eagerly awaiting his chance in League Two since.
He will hope his impact and man of the match display can get him a run in the starting line-up in the coming weeks.
Dennis said: "100 per cent, I said to him after the game that's a very hard game to come into and get your first start, and I think he did very well in there.
You may also want to watch:
"He screened the back four well, putting in tackles, and I felt he did very well."
Marsh signed a two-year contract at Spurs in June and is highly-regarded at the Premier League club - he even travelled with the squad for the Champions League final.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel