Orient extend Cisak stay
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Keeper to stay on loan for rest of season
Leyton Orient have announced that goalkeeper Alex Cisak will be extending his loan spell at the club until the end of the season.
Australian under-20 international Cisak, born in Poland, joined the Brisbane Road ranks from Premier League side Burnley on an emergency loan at the start of February, keeping back-to-back clean sheets in wins over Oldham and Walsall.
The 25-year-old’s arrival coincided with an improvement in results for Fabio Liverani’s side, as they claimed three wins in five matches to raise hopes of avoiding relegation from League One.
Cisak was deceived by a wind-assisted effort from Jon Taylor at Peterborough at the weekend, as Orient slipped to a 1-0 loss.
You may also want to watch:
But the clubs have agreed to extend his stay in east London until May 3 and news of his loan extension is a positive for Liverani, ahead of the weekend’s crunch clash with fellow strugglers Yeovil.
Cisak said: “I am happy to have extended my stay and get a few more games under my belt.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
“Unfortunately we didn’t get the results in the last two games, but we need to get some more wins. We have got three big games coming up in a short space of time, starting with Yeovil on Saturday.
“I have been in a relegation battle before with Oldham, so I have experienced it and hopefully I can bring that knowledge of when we stayed up there to the boys here.
“We all have to stick together and with the fans on our side we can get some more wins under our belt.”