Orient eye up Gnanduillet
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Chesterfield ace set to link up with Brisbane Road outfit
Leyton Orient are close to completing a move for Chesterfield’s French forward Armand Gnanduillet.
The 23-year-old scored twice against the east Londoners on January 2 whilst on-loan at League Two rivals Stevenage.
He impressed against the O’s and scored six times in 16 appearances for Teddy Sheringham’s men after joining them on October 9.
After returning to parent club Chesterfield last week, reports have now suggested he is set for a switch to Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
Spireites boss Danny Wilson admitted that he couldn’t guarantee the former Le Harve ace a starting place so he is likely to depart the League One club to join the O’s.
Even though head coach Ian Hendon was “relieved of his duties” this morning – the transfer of Gnanduillet was always going to take place irrespective of his departure.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
Grimsby Town were interested in the forward as well, but he is keen to test himself at a higher level than the National League.
He will move to Orient after initially joining Chesterfield in the January transfer window of 2013 under the management of Paul Cook.
Gnanduillet has had loan spells at Tranmere Rovers, Oxford United and Stevenage since moving to the Spireites, but is now set for a permanent switch to Brisbane Road.