Orient fixtures announced: How you reacted to the news
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
A round up of social media posts from O’s supporters on what they expect when Lisbie returns plus much more
The fixtures for the new League Two season were announced today and it was confirmed that Leyton Orient would host newly promoted Barnet for the season opener.
It means Kevin Lisbie will return to Brisbane Road just months following his departure after not being offered a new contract, whilst Ian Hendon will be up against his former club.
Hendon captained and managed the Bees during a lengthy affiliation with the north London club and will take charge of O’s for the first time competitively against them.
The reaction to the opening fixture and the other matches was mixed with a lot of supporters already predicting what will occur on the opening day.
You may also want to watch:
Here is how you viewed the announcement this morning regarding who Orient will face:
@J_Jibout: “Can’t get much more League 2 than Barnet followed by Dag & Red #lofc #FixtureReleaseDay
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
@PurpleDudderz: “Great opening fixture, will be a pleasure to let Lisbie score as long as we win! #lofc
@MikeBrownMusic: “Tough start to the season for #lofc, bk 2 bk derbies, team that made playoffs, team that narrowly missed playoffs & newly promoted Bristol R
@Jon_Grove01: “Definitely happy with those 1st 3 league fixtures of the season, will definitely be going 4 out of 5 in august #FixtureReleaseDay #lofc
@FreddieNathan: “Kevin Lisbie 1-0 Barnet winner 90th minute opening day. You heard it here first. #lofc
@West_Stand_O: “Perfect opening day fixture. We can get our inevitable home defeat to Barnet out the way early doors and push on from there #lofc
@Adamblanks123: “This is absolutely brilliant! First two games Barnet and Dagenham – can’t wait for the season to start now COYOS!!! #lofc
@DJohnsy_1988: “Talk about contrast. Last year driving all over the first 7 games. First 3 games barely leave London #LOFC
@D_Blundell: “Like the look of the first three fixtures. At least it wasn’t Accrington or Yeovil away #lofc
@CharlieLong93: “Delighted with the opening fixtures. Barnet at home first up, Super Kev likely to make his Bees debut against us #LOFC #FixtureReleaseDay
@MossyLj: “Barnet at home first game is as good a first game as any. Written in the stars that Lisbie scores his first Barnet goal against us #lofc
@DaveTappenden: “Home to Barnet! GET IN THERE!!! The return of #SuperKevinLisbie only happy as I have my first ever season ticket! #LOFC
@ShaunMercer_: “Home to Barnet, away to Dagenham and then home to Stevenage. What better way to start the season then 3 local derbies #LOFC
@AaronPatel97: “BARNET TO START THEN DAGENHAM AWAY! THAT’S A WAY TO START A SEASON! #LOFC