Orient hope for Hedges
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Midfielder could return for crunch clash
Leyton Orient hope to have on loan midfielder Ryan Hedges back in their matchday squad for the crunch League One clash with bottom club Yeovil this weekend.
Hedges missed last weekend’s 1-0 defeat at Peterborough with a thigh strain, having netted his first goal for O’s in their 2-0 win at Walsall and then impressed in the 3-1 loss to leaders Bristol City.
But the 19-year-old, on loan at Brisbane Road from Premier League outfit Swansea, was back in training on Thursday and expected to take part in a full session today ahead of the clash with the Glovers.
Australian defender Shane Lowry is set to miss out again with his ankle injury, but boss Fabio Liverani has every other member of his squad available for selection, apart from long-term injury victims Adam Legzdins (shoulder) and Romain Vincelot.
You may also want to watch:
French midfielder Vincelot suffered medial knee ligament damage against Posh and has been ruled out for the rest of the season, with Orient battling for survival.
The 29-year-old met a specialist this week to discuss surgery and treatment options.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Lloyd James has resumed training again, following his recovery from a broken leg, but remains a few weeks off from a return to first-team action.