Orient make sixth summer signing
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Frazer Shaw agrees deal with Brisbane Road club after impressing during trial
Leyton Orient have confirmed the signing of 20-year-old defender Frazer Shaw on a one-year contract – their sixth addition of the summer.
The former West Ham United youngster has been on trial with Ian Hendon and the O’s since the start of July and featured in all their pre-season matches, and was also part of their training camp in Spain recently.
He played the full 90 minutes on Saturday during their 3-0 triumph against Colchester United and has now put pen to paper on a professional contract with the Brisbane Road outfit.
Shaw played for Dulwich Hamlet in the Ryman Premier last season under boss Gavin Rose and shined enough to be selected in the Ryman team of the year.
You may also want to watch:
He also received a call-up to the England C side – the non league equivalent of the national team –and played against the Republic of Ireland under-21s on June 1 in Galway.
Orient head coach Hendon said on Saturday that he hoped to complete more transfers soon and the confirmation of Shaw’s signing is a welcome boost to the squad.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The defender has impressed throughout the summer and will now look to earn a starting role at left-back for the new campaign.