O’s captain McAnuff says they must not lose against title rivals Wrexham
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient captain Jobi McAnuff says they must not lose against Wrexham in their top of the table National League clash this weekend.
The O’s will travel to north Wales to face the Dragons at the Racecourse Ground on Saturday as they look to retain top spot.
Sam Ricketts’s side currently sit third and have not yet lost at home but Orient will be looking to try putting an end to that.
“It could come down to results against, so from our point of view, we’ll be going up there to of course win it but we need to make sure we don’t lose,” the 37-year-old said.
“We’re beating a lot of the other teams, Wrexham are beating a lot of the other teams, and Salford so it’s going to be real battle between the top three or four teams.
You may also want to watch:
“We must back ourselves to beat enough of the other teams around us if we don’t win this match though.”
The former Jamaican International believes their 3-1 win against Bromley at Brisbane Road was massive – especially being at home.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
As the O’s have yet to lose away from home this season and have only lost once at home to Sutton United this term.
“Massive particularly at home, obviously we’ve been really good away from home, picked up some great results.
“It just enables us to manage our away games a little bit better when we’re winning our games at home.
“Massive one this week, of course we want to win, we’re going there to win the game but the teams in and around us are what it’s going to come down to.”