Orient president charged by FA
- Credit: Archant
Italian has been charged with misconduct following his behaviour after the conclusion of the Portsmouth match
Leyton Orient president Francesco Becchetti has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct.
The charge relates to the behaviour of the Italian after the O’s 3-2 win against Portsmouth on Boxing Day in League Two.
An incident occurred between Becchetti and assistant manager Andy Hessenthaler following the full time whistle, which resulted in the club releasing a statement insisting it was a good natured exchange between the pair.
Orient’s president celebrated the victory on the pitch before taking part in a lap of honour at Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
The FA have released a statement confirming Becchetti has been charged, it read: “Francesco Becchetti has been charged for misconduct following Leyton Orient’s game against Portsmouth on 26 December 2015.
“It is alleged that his behaviour at the end of the fixture amounts to violent and/or improper conduct.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
“He has until 6pm on January 4 to respond to the charge.”