Orient sign former Lions captain
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Alan Dunne signs two-year deal at Brisbane Road after release from Millwall
Leyton Orient have continued their plans for the new campaign by announcing their third signing of the day with former Millwall captain Alan Dunne agreeing a two-year deal with the Brisbane Road club.
Ian Hendon had revealed last weekend that new additions would occur imminently and the transfer of the 32-year-old certainly fits the bill.
Skipper Nathan Clarke announced on Friday he would be leaving the club and the former Millwall legend appears the perfect replacement for the departing captain.
Dunne had a 23-year affiliation with the Lions and made 390 appearances and scored 23 times during his spell at the Den.
You may also want to watch:
He was released this summer, but has agreed a two-year deal with the O’s and will bring a wealth of experience.
The defender can play in a number of positions in the back four as well as in midfield and may well prove to be a key signing for Hendon.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Although he wasn’t offered a new deal by Millwall, he made 42 appearances last season in the Championship and becomes Orient’s eighth addition of the summer.
With the season opener against Barnet just under two weeks away, excitement is definitely building now among O’s fans with the addition of Dunne, Frazer Shaw and Connor Essam today boosting the squad Hendon will have at his disposal.