Orient sign Pompey midfielder
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
French ace Nigel Atangana has agreed 18-month contract at Brisbane Road
Leyton Orient have completed the permanent signing of Portsmouth midfielder Nigel Atangana for an undisclosed fee.
The 26-year-old has been with the Fratton Park outfit since the summer of 2014, but has recently fallen out of favour with Pompey boss Paul Cook.
He began the League Two campaign as first choice, but his last appearance was in a 2-2 draw with Carlisle United on November 21.
Atangana has represented Portsmouth 13 times this season and was an unused substitute against Crawley Town on January 2.
You may also want to watch:
He joined Pompey from non-league outfit Havant & Waterlooville after an impressive 2013/14 campaign with the National League South side, but is now signing for the O’s.
Prior to his England move, the midfielder had spent the majority of his career in his native France, although he did have a brief spell with a Spanish team.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Orient technical director Andrea Pressenda is understood to have played a significant role in the transfer.
Atangana has agreed an 18-month contract at Brisbane Road and is available for Saturday’s match at Wycombe Wanderers.
He will wear the number 15 for the east Londoners and is the first of two transfers likely to be completed before the clash with the Chairboys.
Chesterfield forward Armand Gnanduillet should have his move to Orient confirmed on Friday in time to play at the weekend.