Orient youngsters knocked out
- Credit: Archant
FA Youth Cup: Leyton Orient 0 Luton Town 1
Leyton Orient’s under-18s bowed out of the FA Youth Cup at Brisbane Road last night.
The young O’s had lost twice to their Luton rivals already this season and the visitors completed a hat-trick of wins thanks to a first-half strike from Freddie Hinds.
The Hatters almost took an early lead when Kavan Cotter found space, but Henry Ochieng averted the danger.
Orient’s first chance saw Christian Owusu fire just wide from 25 yards, but the hosts fell behind just before the break when Cotter crossed from the right and Hinds slid in at the far post to slot past Sam Sargeant.
You may also want to watch:
Victor Adeboyejo sent a shot just over, before Alzate saw an effort deflected behind.
But Sargeant was called upon to save from Hinds after a cagey start to the second half and the Luton goalscorer sent another drive just past the far post.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Orient rallied and forced successive corners, with Pollock heading over from one of them.
But too often the home side struggled to find the telling final ball and Luton almost snatched a second when Sargeant saw a clearance blocked and the ball almost rebounded into the net.
Orient had a late chance to force extra time, but Abrahams shot wide as they bowed out.
Orient: Sargeant, Judd, Pollock, Happe, Telling (Clark 65), Ochieng, Alzate, Alderson, Mclean (Koroma 73), Owusu (Abrahams 83), Abeboyejo. Unused subs: Janata, Barker .