Over-50s encouraged to join Tower Hamlets’ annual Christmas dance
The over-50s in Tower Hamlets are being encouraged to don their dancing shoes for the borough’s annual Christmas concert and dance.
They can give the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing contestants a run for their money by putting on their best Christmas party wear on December 14.
To be held at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street between 1.30pm and 4.30pm, it includes live music by jazz band Sunshine Kings and dancers will be led through their steps by expert Tony Lane.
Seasonal refreshments and mince pies will be provided as well as the chance to win Christmas gifts. The council says its City Status tea dance in October was very popular and there are plans to hold more tea dances in future.
Booking is essential.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Regina from the council’s arts and events team between 9.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday on 020 7364 7916 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green