Over-50s encouraged to join Tower Hamlets’ annual Christmas dance
The over-50s in Tower Hamlets are being encouraged to don their dancing shoes for the borough’s annual Christmas concert and dance.
They can give the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing contestants a run for their money by putting on their best Christmas party wear on December 14.
To be held at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street between 1.30pm and 4.30pm, it includes live music by jazz band Sunshine Kings and dancers will be led through their steps by expert Tony Lane.
Seasonal refreshments and mince pies will be provided as well as the chance to win Christmas gifts. The council says its City Status tea dance in October was very popular and there are plans to hold more tea dances in future.
Booking is essential.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Regina from the council’s arts and events team between 9.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday on 020 7364 7916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 3 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green