Over-50s encouraged to join Tower Hamlets’ annual Christmas dance
The over-50s in Tower Hamlets are being encouraged to don their dancing shoes for the borough’s annual Christmas concert and dance.
They can give the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing contestants a run for their money by putting on their best Christmas party wear on December 14.
To be held at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street between 1.30pm and 4.30pm, it includes live music by jazz band Sunshine Kings and dancers will be led through their steps by expert Tony Lane.
Seasonal refreshments and mince pies will be provided as well as the chance to win Christmas gifts. The council says its City Status tea dance in October was very popular and there are plans to hold more tea dances in future.
Booking is essential.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Regina from the council’s arts and events team between 9.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday on 020 7364 7916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM