Oxford and Cambridge ready for Sunday’s great Goat Race
NEVER mind Sunday’s Great Boat Race on the Thames—animal lovers in London’s East End are running The Great Goat Race.’ It is being staged at an urban farmyard on the same day as the famous Oxford and Cambridge varsity rowing dual
NEVER mind Sunday’s Great Boat Race on the Thames—animal lovers in London’s East End are running The Great Goat Race.’
It is being staged at Spitalfields city farm on the same day as the famous Oxford and Cambridge varsity rowing dual the other side of town.
Two goats, one representing each university, are racing a tough, meandering course wearing the dark or light blue colours.
Supporters are arriving in Spitalfields from Oxford and Cambridge to cheer on their university goats.
You may also want to watch:
The race starts at 3.30pm at the farm in Buxton Street, off Brick Lane, admission �3.
Dress code is being as advertised as “black tie, rowing lycra, boat club jacket and tie.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines