Page-three model Suzanne Mizzi dies in Hackney hospice
Glamour model-turned-artist Suzanne Mizzi has died aged 43 after losing a year-long battle to ovarian cancer. She died on Sunday afternoon at St Joseph’s Hospice near her home in Hackney.
Her husband Frank Camilleri said: “Suzanne was a beautiful person inside and out. She had an amazing life. We were together for 30 years.”
The mother-of-two was discovered by a photographer while working at a Bethnal Green clothes shop she opened after leaving school aged 15. She made her page-three debut aged 17 and quickly became one of the biggest glamour models of the 1980s.
At the height of her fame the Maltese-born blonde had her 34-24-34 figure insured for �11 million.
In 1988 she quit glamour modelling and succeeded where many failed in crossing over into catwalk modelling, and later became the face of fashion label Vivienne Westwood.
You may also want to watch:
In the past ten years Suzanne was a successful artist and interior designer known as Mizzy. Her abstract paintings sold for up to �10,000.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man