Parking for the East End's car free developments
VISITOR parking scratch cards will now available to residents living in the borough s car free developments, Tower Hamlets council has announced. From Monday, May 3 residents living in car free properties, who are ineligible for on-street parking permits,
VISITOR parking scratch cards will now available to residents living in the borough's car free developments, Tower Hamlets council has announced.
From Monday, May 3 residents living in car free properties, who are ineligible for on-street parking permits, will be able to apply for visitor scratch cards.
The scratch cards mean that residents no longer have to apply for parking permits for tradesmen through the One Stop Shops.
The card works for any vehicle registration, so can be used for friends and visitors as well.
You may also want to watch:
Each household will be able to apply for a maximum of three books of visitor scratch cards each year.
The books contain 10 scratch cards, and drivers just scratch off the date, month and time. They can then park for up to five hours on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Each booklet costs �10, but is free for residents over 60.
Residents can contact the council's parking permits team on 020 7364 3791 or 020 7364 3792 for an application form now. The forms will then be dispatched on May 3.