Patients to have heart checks at London Muslim Centre
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event. Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event.
Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have an assessment to find out how healthy their heart is.
The machines that are being piloted in Tower Hamlets for the first time are used to check patients' weight and blood pressure and ask them a range of questions on their general lifestyle.
The pods then produce a percentage of how likely the patient is to develop heart disease, with NHS staff on-hand to discuss the results.
You may also want to watch:
The testing is one of the initiatives on offer at the Health Connex event which is organised three times a year by Faith in Health and NHS Tower Hamlets.
The event is open to women only from 10am to 1pm and then to everyone else from 1.45pm to 4pm.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
Faith in Health was set up by the centre in Whitechapel Road to raise awareness among the Muslim community about the health services available in the borough.