Patients to have heart checks at London Muslim Centre
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event. Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event.
Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have an assessment to find out how healthy their heart is.
The machines that are being piloted in Tower Hamlets for the first time are used to check patients' weight and blood pressure and ask them a range of questions on their general lifestyle.
The pods then produce a percentage of how likely the patient is to develop heart disease, with NHS staff on-hand to discuss the results.
The testing is one of the initiatives on offer at the Health Connex event which is organised three times a year by Faith in Health and NHS Tower Hamlets.
The event is open to women only from 10am to 1pm and then to everyone else from 1.45pm to 4pm.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Faith in Health was set up by the centre in Whitechapel Road to raise awareness among the Muslim community about the health services available in the borough.