Patients to have heart checks at London Muslim Centre
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event. Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event.
Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have an assessment to find out how healthy their heart is.
The machines that are being piloted in Tower Hamlets for the first time are used to check patients' weight and blood pressure and ask them a range of questions on their general lifestyle.
The pods then produce a percentage of how likely the patient is to develop heart disease, with NHS staff on-hand to discuss the results.
You may also want to watch:
The testing is one of the initiatives on offer at the Health Connex event which is organised three times a year by Faith in Health and NHS Tower Hamlets.
The event is open to women only from 10am to 1pm and then to everyone else from 1.45pm to 4pm.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Parkour group to move from home of seven years after lease is cancelled
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
Faith in Health was set up by the centre in Whitechapel Road to raise awareness among the Muslim community about the health services available in the borough.