Patients to have heart checks at London Muslim Centre
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event. Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have
EAST Enders have the chance to find out it they were at risk of heart disease tomorrow at a Faith in Health event.
Digital kiosks, known as Cardio Pods, are being set up at the London Muslim Centre in Whitechapel to give the over 40s the chance to have an assessment to find out how healthy their heart is.
The machines that are being piloted in Tower Hamlets for the first time are used to check patients' weight and blood pressure and ask them a range of questions on their general lifestyle.
The pods then produce a percentage of how likely the patient is to develop heart disease, with NHS staff on-hand to discuss the results.
You may also want to watch:
The testing is one of the initiatives on offer at the Health Connex event which is organised three times a year by Faith in Health and NHS Tower Hamlets.
The event is open to women only from 10am to 1pm and then to everyone else from 1.45pm to 4pm.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 8 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 9 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
Faith in Health was set up by the centre in Whitechapel Road to raise awareness among the Muslim community about the health services available in the borough.