Pc Constable is world’s new top woman karate cop’
POLICE constable Lesley Constable from London’s East End is the new women’s World Champion karate cop.’ The aptly-named officer stationed in Bow has just returned from Canada following her runaway success in the World Police & Fire Games
POLICE constable Lesley Constable from London's East End is the new women's World Champion 'karate cop.'
The aptly-named officer stationed in Bow has just returned from Canada following her runaway success in the World Police & Fire Games.
She won the Gold in the karate championship women's 60 kilo Masters group, seeing off tough competition from 40 countries including China, Australia, South Africa and many EU states, without conceding any points throughout the contest.
"This was a challenging 10 days," she admitted. "But I'm overjoyed at getting the Gold and becoming the world champion in this event.
"It was an amazing opportunity to represent the Met Police against top representatives in their field."
Lesley, a neighbourhood cop at Bow Boys' School, is a fifth Dan black belt who is in the England National squad.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 9 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 10 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
She has been a karate enthusiast since she was a child. Yobs in the neighbourhood know not to mess with her.
The Games attracted 10,500 participants to Vancouver from police forces and fire brigades around the world, with 35,000 individual entries in different sports. Some observers reckoned it would eclipse the forthcoming Winter Olympics.
Lesley, who also won a Silver and a Bronze in the British Karate Championships in Edinburgh on September 5, is now looking forward to the 2011 Police & Fire Games in New York to defend her world title.