Pedestrian, 80, killed on A13 Commercial Road involving lorry in rush-hour
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man has been killed in a road accident in east London involving a lorry on the busy A13 Commercial Road at Limehouse.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service at around 9.15am where the 80-year-old pedestrian was being treated for head injuries following the accident outside the Troxy theatre venue.
The Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car an ambulance crew to the scene, as well as a paramedic and hazardous area response team.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “Sadly the man died at the scene, despite the extensive efforts of the crew.”
The pensioner died 40 minutes after the accident, following a desperate attempt to save him.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene. Police closed the busy thoroughfare while the Met’s Roads Transport Policing Command began investigations. No arrests have been made.
It was the second road accident in the East End within 15 minutes in this-morning’s rush-hour, following a woman cyclist badly in jured under the wheels of a coach in Whitechapel High Street, less than two miles away.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel